Saturday, February 10, 2018

Chapter 1: New Life Start!


Little Girl:
*Opens eyes*
“Huh? Where am I?”

Mysterious voice in the dark:
“Oh good, you're awake. I wasn’t sure if you'd recover or not. Are you well? Does anything hurt?”

Girl:
“Nothing hurts, if anything I feel pretty good. Though I can't see anything, and I don't remember being a girl before.”

Voice:
“There's no light here, so it's only natural you can't see. As for your body, I'm afraid there was so little left of you, I just had to guess. I apologize if it displeases you.”

Girl:
“I feel like I don't know enough to care right now, I can’t actually remember what I was. You say there was little of me left. Did I get killed or something?”

Voice:
“Or something would be right. You were drifting in the void between worlds. I don't know how you got there. It's very rare.”

Girl:
“Void between worlds... am I in a new world then? What kind of world is this?”

Voice:
“I haven't spoken with many world travelers. However, I believe the phrase I most often heard was ‘Swords and Sorcery’. Likely due to those being the most prominent weapons used by the humanoid races.”

Girl:
“Are you not one of the humanoid races?”

Voice:
“I am not. I am a slime. In truth, you are a slime as well now.”

Girl:
“My body feels human.”

Voice:
“There was enough of you there for me to tell you were human, so I did my best to create a human body. However, such is really not within my area of expertise. I had to create a slime body first to put you in, and transform you. The magic is strong enough, that few spells will be able to see through it, and even if someone tries to undo the transformation, it will restore itself in time. So you should be able to live as a human with little trouble.”

Girl:
“If you are able to use such a powerful spell, does this mean you are a skilled sorcerer?”

Voice:
“I am certainly skilled in magic, yes.”

Girl:
“Can you teach me?”

Voice:
“If you wish to live as a normal human, it would be better for you to find a human teacher.”

Girl:
“How come?”

Voice:
“I can only teach you how to use magic like I do. It will be obvious to others that it's not the method used by humans, elves, or dwarves. Every race has their own traditions, and are secretive enough to not share them with outsiders. Using magic that I teach you, will make you stand out a lot. Whether this will end up being good or bad, I cannot say. Also, my methods cannot be used by anyone that isn't a slime. So you won't be able to teach it to others.”

Girl:
“This sounds interesting. I'd like to learn from you.”

Voice:
“You will have to fully accept being a slime and embrace what that means. A solid body cannot use a slime's methods. As a slime, I engrave the symbols and runes inside my body, and channel the magic within. So, to start, I will be modifying the transformation to make you less human. Since you’ll be living as a monster, call me mother, or mom. While I know humans usually have name, monsters usually don’t, and I’m no exception.”